Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 4 #8
Tagging seems to me to be useful as a personal tool to bookmark everything of interest to you under tags that are meaningful to you, that you can access from anywhere.

I think the idea of social bookmarking and sharing the wealth of knowledge and experience 'out there' is great, with the huge reservation that the reader needs to think and consider it all, not just accept it as valid.

In my own exploration I found that almost every subject I looked into wasn't sufficiently well-defined by its tags to be a useful research tool for me, perhaps because each individual's choice of tags is just that - highly individual. If I wanted to research a topic this is not the way I would go about it, unless I particularly wanted more of other people's views rather than substantiated information, and maybe that's where it comes into its own.

No comments: