Saturday, July 19, 2008


Setting up the bloglines account and finding feeds was really easy in all the sites I visited, not confusing. The little icons are very visible once you know what you're looking for, or there's something to say click here for a newsfeed. Or if you copy and paste the URL it either works or it doesn't, and if the latter you just go back and look carefully on the page for the place to click. I just went to either a link from the Learning 2.0 page or chose my own topic and explored the site that came up to find how to subscribe. The Bloglines Search tool and the others listed are great in that you can put in your preferred topic and subscribe to that, but I preferred to do my own very specific searches for websites really and feel I own those feeds more, if you see what I mean.

I like the
Unshelved library cartoon suggested in the programme. I love The Oxford English Dictionary's Word of the Day feed, and a food feed called Chocolate and Zucchini! Another I'm keen on is from the local newspaper from Ely in England, the closest town to the village my sister lives in - so I can find out what's going on there.


No comments: