Wednesday, September 10, 2008

LibraryThing

I rather like LibraryThing! I suppose because it's more relevant to me than most of what we've looked at so far, being about something I'm rather partial to. The reviews and recommendations make this of great use if you want to know more about books not yet read, or find new authors and titles likely to be to your taste.

This is the link to my shelf of five books, selected at random from my memory, although they do really sit on my shelves -
http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=majikaria&shelf=shelf

The 'Local' portion of LibraryThing has the potential to be an excellent guide to all the bookshops, libraries and book-related events in a particular area - the Auckland one is by no means complete as yet, but is off to a good start. The legacy library page is a bit bizarre, but interesting.

Yes, I think I could spend some time here in LibraryThing.

No comments: